The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (M/o MSME) has prepared,on www.udyogaadhaar.gov.in, an easy and simple registration form which consists of a self- declaration format under which the MSME exists with all the information like bank account details, promoter/owner’s Aadhaar details and other minimum basic information required. MSME registration can be done online as well and on its basis a unique identifier i.e. Udyog Aadhaar Number.
Udyog Aadhaar will enable all the enterprises to file and register themselves so that simply by using Udyog Aadhaar Number, they can access other services that are provided by the M/o MSME.
However, this article focuses on the process which is to be followed for MSME Registration using Udyog Adhaar.
Filling the Form:
- The first two fields require the Aadhaar Number of the applicant and the name as on the Aadhaar card which needs to be validated for filling the rest of the form.
- Next, the Social Category field needs to be selected from the options of General, SC, ST and OBC.
- The type of organisation from one of the 8 options that needs to be selection are:
(b) Hindu Undivided Family (HUF)
(e) Public Limited Company
(g) Self Help Group
- The next fields require the complete address along with the mobile number and email Id.
- Date of Commencement: It refers to the date in the past on which the business entity had commenced its operations.
- Previous Registration Details (if any) – If your enterprise, for which the Udyog Aadhaar is being applied, has already been issued a valid EMI/II by the concerned GM (DIC) as per the MSMED Act 2006 or the SSI (Small Scale Industries) registration prevailing prior to the passing of this Act.
Bank Details- You must provide your bank account number which is used for running the Enterprise. You must also provide the IFS Code of the bank’s branch where his/her mentioned account exists. The IFS code is now a days printed on the Cheque Books which is issued by the bank. Alternatively, if you know the name of the Bank and the branch where your account is , the IFSC code can thus be found from the website of the respective Bank.
- Major Activity – You have to choose the major activity i.e. either “Manufacturing” or “Service” depending on whether you primarily sell a product or a service.
- National Industrial Classification (NIC) Code – You have to choose an appropriate NIC Code for the selected “Major Activity”. The NIC codes are prepared by the Central Statistical Organisation (CSO) under the Ministry of Statistics and Program implementation, Government of India.
- A person employed – You have to give the total number of people who are being directly paid salary/ wages by the enterprise.
- Investment in Plant & Machinery / Equipment – While computing the total investment, the original investment (purchase value of items) is also taken into consideration excluding the cost of pollution control, research and development, industrial safety devices, and such other items as may be specified, by RBI through notification.
- District Industrial Centre (DIC) – You also have to, based on the location of your Enterprise, fill in location of DIC. This Column will be active and will show option only when there are more than one DIC in the district. In fact if there is only one DIC in the district, the system will automatically register you in the same DIC.
- Submit– Click on submit and voila, your Udyog Aadhaar Number registration is complete.
If you face any kind of difficulty while filling up this form, you can simply get in touch with experts. Get MSME Registration in a hassle-free manner today at LegalRaasta.
Related Topic: What entities are eligible for MSME Registration?